- What is the nature of good?
"Nothing can eat without killing, nothing can be built without breaking something else, and no motion is possible without displacing something from its natural place"- Unknown
Different philosophers have different theories about the nature of good. Many believed that "good" was anything that was done to help others and was done out of love but love and hate are feelings that are not opposites and in fact, so similar to each other. Love and hate are both obsessive fixations on a single target and the opposite of Love is not hate but apathy, the absence of such feeling.
We also have to take into consideration that just as different philosophers have different views on what the nature of good is, so do different people, societies and communities. What is considered good in a certain community may be considered evil in another. What a community considers morally acceptable is what is considered to be good and what they consider to be morally unacceptable is considered to be evil.
In the end of it all, I believe that we are the judges of ourselves. We should decide what feels right and what feels wrong. What we believe is good should be the definition of it because every person has different morals and different views.

Hey Adela! I really like how you included a quote. Also, I actually never thought of this, "Love and hate are both obsessive fixations on a single target and the opposite of Love is not hate but apathy, the absence of such feeling." That's a really interesting point you bring =)
ReplyDeleteHi, Adela. You quoted an fantastic quote.
ReplyDeleteNo one in the world is perfectly separated from "good" or "evil". None of us is pure(about good or evil).
I don't know about you all, but I am purely... good :)
ReplyDelete